Tutorials

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yo-Yo Ma

I love the music of Yo-Yo Ma. Several years ago I was privileged to hear him perform live! What a magnificent opportunity! I was mesmerized by his skill and inspired by his talent.

When I was in elementary school I began to play the cello. I played in the orchestra all through high school and loved it. I was fortunate to be able to take private lessons which I thank my parents for because those lessons really enhanced my abilities. I gained a great appreciation for the instrument as well as even greater appreciation for working with others! What tenacity that it takes to practice! Several times I played in a quartet for a performance where we practiced countless hours on a Bach, Beethoven or Mozart piece. The performances always were the highlight of all our hard work!

This morning as I was listening to the music of Yo-Yo Ma it brought a smile to my face as I remember fondly my musical moments! I feel very blessed that I had the opportunity to learn how to play the cello and to this day enjoy classical music!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great instrument. I too played in school but it was an accordian...for 15 years. I think it's good for children to learn to play and instrument; it teaches them discipline and an appreciate for music.

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Cool! My uncle always promised to teach me how to play the accordian, but we never really had enough time to devote to it! I think he expected me to immediately be able to begin to play-it takes me awhile to learn, but once I do I'm good to go!

I agree about the discipline. I can appreciate it a lot more as an adult than I did growing up!

Here's to music appreciation!

Michelle-