Tutorials

Thursday, March 25, 2010

One Hour Of Exercise A Day


Photo courtesy m_bartosch / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

One hour of exercise a day is what The Journal of the American Medical Association recommends for aging women just to maintain their weight. I try to swim an hour a day. Sometimes I am successful, sometimes I am not.

Researchers followed more than 34,000 middle-aged women for 13 years. They measured their weight and activity level, and found those who exercised at least 60 minutes a day gained fewer pounds over time than those who clocked less time in the gym or on the track.

This is a real wake up call for me. After reading the information that has been published I am going to make more of a commitment each day. How about you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh goodness - I am an absolutely wretched swimmer. You officially impress the heck out of me even more than before.

I myself am a runner, but I don't bank nearly an hour a day. I've got a half-marathon this Sunday, and the most I've clocked so far is a measly seven miles - eek!

Love the new blog layout, by the way!

jenscloset said...

I find exercise great not only to keep me fit, but to keep my energized and positive! I have been unable to workout for weeks due to a stress fracture and I'm easing back into my routine! 6 days a week is my usual routine.

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Shrimp Salad Circus-
See and I'm super impressed because you run! I could walk the half-marathan no problem, but I couldn't run it! Hope you had fun!
Thanks about the blog layout...always a work in progress!

jenscloset
I'm sorry about your stress fracture. I agree about the energy and positive outlook. Truly helps me daily! Get well soon!

Michelle-